RESTORATIVE TEACHER TRAINING
Important Date & Location
About the Event
15 HOURS RESTORATIVE INTENSIVE FOR YOGA TEACHERS:
Learn to bring your students into a practice of restorative yoga that helps them release layers of tension and feel at ease in their bodies.
The Restorative intensive offers a retreat-like atmosphere which includes practice, study and learning of Restorative asana, the anatomy and physiology of Restorative Yoga, as well as, how to sequence and teach a Restorative Yoga class. Particular emphasis is given to assisting and adjusting the postures to suit individual needs.
This training is designed for teachers, teacher trainees and health care workers and includes lots of time for exploring, understanding and practicing adjusting the postures.
WHAT STUDENTS CAN EXPECT:
- Restorative Yoga Practices – adapted for one-on-one or class situation
- Hands-on, lecture and discussion on:
- The relaxation response and the central nervous system
- Alignment to support optimal energy flow
- Restorative yoga as a form of relaxation and to support spiritual practice
- Introduction to the koshas and the energy body in asana
- Introduction to Ayurvedic and how it relates to RY
- Introduction to the Restorative asanas for different environments, special populations, and students with limited physical abilities
- Meditation and visualization for healing
- The dynamic use of props
- Discussion and Journaling
- Partner exercises
Upon completion of the intensive teachers will have a strong understanding of how to teach Restorative Yoga and the role it can play to support our lives. Students will be able to support one person or a class in a multitude of poses and teach a 60 minute + class with ample tools to support varying needs of students.
a handout with basic poses and a few sequences, background and philosophy of Restorative Yoga.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: BETH RUTTY
Beth has studied with Nesta Falladown, Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher for many years at the Yoga Centre of Burlington. In 2004 she began offering Restorative Yoga to her classes at the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford . In 2012, to deepen her understanding of Restorative Yoga, Beth studied with Tianne Allen, ERYT 500 from BC. She completed a Restorative Yoga and Therapeutics certification with Tianne and felt it was her dharma to pass on to other teachers what she learned. In 2013, she began offering her first training session with as part of the 300 hour Teacher Training program.