34 hrs YOGA FOR CANCER TEACHERS TRAINING
Important Date & Location
About the Event
This compassion based Teacher Training is designed for yoga teachers who are interested in assisting individuals with cancer, as well as cancer survivors. The course will guide teachers to safely share the practice and teachings of Yoga to support patients during treatment, along the healing journey and into the recovery phase.
+ PROGRAM DETAILS
You will deepen your understanding of:
- The benefits of yoga and how it can help navigate the different physical and mental issues associated with cancer.
- An overview of symptoms, treatments and side effects of common cancers.
- Teaching asanas in a way that is accessible to all and with the incorporation of modifications and props.
- Use of breath (Pranayama) and meditation as it pertains to dealing with stress, anxiety and pain.
- Pain management and the neurology of pain.
- Some of the psychological and psychosocial concerns.
- Traditional Yogic topics will be discussed and their relevance to this compassion based practice: Sat (simple being), Chit (awareness), Ananda (love), and Tapas (acceptance)
- Common side effects and contradictions.
Upon completion students will receive a certificate which can be applied towards Continuing Education Hours (CEH) through Yoga Alliance.
Those who have completed a 200hour Yoga Teacher Training, as well as health professionals with an established Yoga practice and working knowledge of the principles of yogic alignment.
EARLY REGISTRATION AVAILABLE
Prior to February 1st, 2020 | $700 +hst
If you have any questions regarding Pre & Post Natal Teacher Training, please contact us by email
email@example.com or call (905) 829-3443